The Rural Financial Counselling Service has a board vacancy.
Expressions of Interest
Board Member Vacancy
Rural Financial Counselling Service Southern Queensland
Rural Solutions Queensland Incorporated, a Not for Profit Body in Queensland auspices the Rural Financial Counselling Service (RFCS) Programme for the Southern Region in Queensland. Rural Solutions Queensland and the Rural Financial Counselling Service Southern Queensland are inviting applications from people interested in joining the Board. Board members are expected to contribute to the effective governance of Rural Solutions Queensland and the Rural Financial Counselling Service Southern Queensland.
Board members are responsible for overseeing an effective governance and risk management framework for the incorporated entity, setting its strategic directions, ensuring high standards of professional and ethical conduct are maintained, involving providers and the community in decisions that affect them and monitoring the service delivery and financial performance.
Meetings are held a minimum of four times each year and there will be some travel required to attend scheduled meetings. Most meetings are held via teleconference. You will be required to work as part of a team and contribute opinion, feedback and decisions regarding matters discussed by the Board. Directors are entitled to sitting fees for full day meetings and teleconference attendance at Board meetings and travel expenses will be reimbursed.
One vacancy currently exists for a person who resides within the service area of the RFCS – Southern Queensland and who has skills and experience in the following areas:
- corporate governance of a not for profit incorporated entity
- primary production or small business expertise and knowledge
- skills and experience in human resource management
- understanding of rural and remote issues
- preference will be given to applicants who reside in the local government areas of Rockhampton, Isaac, Gladstone, Bundaberg, Fraser Coast, Gympie, North Burnett or South Burnett Shires.
To apply, individuals need to complete an Expression of Interest (maximum two pages) indicating their skills and experience relevant to the role of a board member and provide a current Curriculum Vitae (maximum two pages). The Expression of Interest should address the following:
- Not for profit governance experience, knowledge and skills, including risk, compliance, strategic planning, advocacy and influence.
- Skills and experience in the management of a rurally based small business or primary production enterprise.
- Skills and experience in human resource management.
- Demonstrated linkages to community groups and networks within the rural sector.
The deadline for submissions is COB on Friday 24th July 2020.
Short-listed applicants will be interviewed and assessed to ensure that they have the necessary qualifications, skills and experience for the position and that they are able to commit adequate time to the board appointment.
Please submit your Expression of Interest and curriculum vitae by COB on Friday 24th July to:
Rural Financial Counselling Service – Southern Queensland
For further information in regard to the role, please contact the Chair: