COMMUNITY DROUGHT SUPPORT FLEXIBLE HARDSHIP FUNDING
Community Drought Support Flexible Hardship Funding is currently available to support household expenditure. The purpose of this funding is to alleviate cost of living pressures and hardship for individuals, households and communities impacted by drought over recent years. This program is delivered by Rural Solutions Queensland Inc and is funded by the Queensland Government Department of Communities, Housing and Digital Economy.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
- farming contractors
- farming employees
- non-farming small business operators, tradespeople and retail operators who rely on regional agricultural economies for income (i.e. the main industry in the region is agricultural).
- reside within one of the below Local Government Areas
- provide two supporting documents as listed on the application form
- demonstrate that their financial position has been negatively impacted by drought over the past two years.
Eligible Local Government Areas (LGA)
- Banana (funding exhausted)
- Bundaberg (funding exhausted)
- Central Highlands
- Fraser Coast (funding exhausted)
- Gladstone (funding exhausted)
- Gold Coast
- Goondiwindi (funding exhausted)
- Livingstone (funding exhausted)
- Maranoa (funding exhausted)
- Moreton Bay
- Murweh (funding exhausted)
- North Burnett (funding exhausted)
- Paroo (funding exhausted)
- Redland (funding exhausted)
- Rockhampton (funding exhausted)
- Scenic Rim
- Somerset (funding exhausted)
- South Burnett (funding exhausted)
- Sunshine Coast
- Toowoomba (funding exhausted)
HOW IT WORKS
Successful applicants for the funding shall receive a pre-paid EFTPOS card. This EFTPOS card can be used for purchases at designated outlets within the eligible LGA such as grocery stores. Details of participating outlets shall be provided when the cards are sent (cards are unable to be used at non-participating outlets). This ensures that the funding provided benefits the entire community by supporting local businesses.
Applications are limited to one per household/family and the amounts listed on the application form are the maximum amounts and are dependent on applicant’s eligibility and the number of requests received for financial assistance within that area.
HOW TO APPLY
- download and complete the application form
- obtain required supporting documents
- email the completed application form and supporting documents to email@example.com
Should you have any questions or require assistance with the application form, please contact us on 07 4622 5500.
This assistance is funded by the Queensland Government Department of Communities, Housing and Digital Economy.
RFCS SOUTHERN QUEENSLAND
Funded by the Australian Government and Queensland Government
Member of the national RFCS Network