HELPING SMALL BUSINESSES RECOVER FROM FLOODING
If you’re a small business in Southern Queensland affected by flooding, the Small Business Financial Counselling Service (SBFCS) Southern Queensland is here to help your business through the flood recovery process.
The SBFCS Southern Queensland provides free, impartial and confidential assistance with flood recovery. Helping small businesses to respond financially to the damage and losses resulting from the flooding.
HOW WE CAN HELP
Our local small business specialists have a detailed understanding of the flood recovery process and can provide immediate help to access available funding. Together with supporting your business in the medium and longer term.
We can assist you on the phone, via an online meeting or visit your business (when the flood waters have receded and it’s safe to do so).
IMMEDIATE ASSISTANCE – ACCESSING GRANTS, DISASTER ASSISTANCE AND FINANCIAL SUPPORT
- identify what grants, disaster assistance and financial support are available in your area and whether you are eligible
- help you access the funding, including how to go about completing the application forms and gathering required documents.
We can help your business access funding you’re eligible for from the Queensland Government and Australian Government (see table below). Together with available funding from other providers that service your area.
|Funding provider||About the funding||Amount|
|QRIDA||Extraordinary Disaster Assistance Recovery Grant – Ex-Tropical Cyclone Seth|
Grant to assist small businesses affected by Ex-Tropical Cyclone Seth with clean up and recovery costs.
|Up to $50,000|
|QRIDA||Extraordinary Disaster Assistance Recovery Grant – South East Queensland Rainfall and Flooding|
Grant to assist small businesses affected by the South East Queensland Rainfall and Flooding with clean up and recovery costs.
|Up to $50,000|
|QRIDA||Disaster Assistance (Essential Working Capital) Loan|
Loan to assist small businesses with essential working capital for expenses.
|Up to $100,000|
|QRIDA||Disaster Assistance Loan|
Loan to assist small businesses with re-establishing normal operations.
|Up to $250,000|
|Queensland Government||Emergency Hardship Assistance Grant|
Grant to support people directly impacted by a disaster who are unable to meet their immediate essential needs for food, clothing, medical supplies or temporary accommodation.
|$180 (per person)|
Up to $900 (family of 5 or more)
|Queensland Government||Essential Household Contents Grant|
Grant to support people who are uninsured, or unable to claim insurance with replacing or repairing essential household contents that have been lost or damaged in a disaster.
|Up to $1,765 (single adults)|
Up to $5,300 (couples/families)
|Queensland Government||Structural Assistance Grant|
Grant to support people who are uninsured, or unable to claim insurance with repairs to their home to make it secure and safe.
|Up to $10,995 (single adults)|
Up to $14,685 (couples/families)
|Queensland Government||Essential Services Safety and Reconnection Grant|
Grant to support people who are uninsured, or unable to claim insurance with reconnection of essential services that were damaged by a disaster.
|Up to $200 (safety inspection)|
Up to $4,200 (repair)
|Services Australia||Australian Government Disaster Recovery Payment|
Payment to help people who have been adversely affected by a major disaster.
|$1,000 (per adult)|
$400 (per child)
MEDIUM TERM ASSISTANCE – YOUR RECOVERY PLAN AND FINANCE
- develop a recovery plan for your business
- monitor your cashflow, commitments and liabilities closely
- raise additional finance for your business or renegotiate terms with your bank, creditors, landlord or the Australian Taxation Office (ATO).
- develop an effective recovery plan
- work through your options so that you fully understand your financial position and outlook
- be able to confidently communicate this information to external parties.
LONGER TERM ASSISTANCE – INCREASING BUSINESS RESILIENCE
- provide ongoing coaching, mentoring and support as you develop forward plans to manage your business
- support you longer term to increase your financial management capacity.
HOW TO ACCESS ASSISTANCE
- get in touch with your local Small Business Financial Counsellor
- call 1300 732 777
- email email@example.com.
RFCS SOUTHERN QUEENSLAND
Funded by the Australian Government and Queensland Government
Member of the national RFCS Network